NEET 2022 Preparation Guide: Top 7 Helpful Tips to Crack NEET in First Attempt
As a NEET aspirant, you must be studying hard to crack NEET 2022 and get admission to your dream college. Going through those heavy, scary science books can seem daunting. And not having proper guidance can make it even worse. NEET is made essential even for students having a plan to study MBBS Abroad.
You might be asking questions like where should I even begin? Which books to study, which timetable to follow etc.
We understand what you might be going through. That is why we wrote this article. It will help you prepare for NEET 2022 by giving you the most effective preparation tips. In addition, we will give you some bonus tips.
So, here are 7 useful tips to prepare for NEET 2022:
Understand the NEET syllabus and pattern thoroughly.
The prime thing you should do is to go through the NEET syllabus and exam pattern. Having a complete understanding will help you create an actionable and achievable preparation plan. In addition, you can focus on studying rather than going back to skimming through books and the internet to collect which topics to study.
The national testing agency conducts NEET every year, and you can get the detailed syllabus and pattern from their official website. In addition, you can also get it from Byju’s, Vedantu, or AAKASH websites. Moreover, if you have already joined some coaching centers, they will provide you with the updated syllabus and pattern for NEET 2022.
With that, we have summarized the exam pattern for NEET 2022. You can understand the entire exam pattern from the table below:
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Subject wise questions||Biology||90|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice based|
|Marking scheme||4 marks for each right answer1 mark deducted for every wrong answer|
Things you must consider while understanding syllabus and pattern:
- Get the updated syllabus and pattern from authentic and reliable sources.
- Even though Biology has the highest weightage, do not put all your attention on it. Performance in the other two sections will equally impact your score.
- Divide the syllabus subject and topic-wise. For instance, you can create a list of topics in order of easy, medium, and difficult. Hence, you can put more focus on difficult topics which need more time and practice.
Create an actionable and clear timetable
Having a drafted timetable is crucial as it will work as a check post for you. How? With it, you can track your progress over the days, and since everything is scheduled, you can focus on studying. Hence, you can make use of time efficiently.
For creating an actionable timetable, you can follow these tips:
- Make a note of how many days, weeks, and months are left for NEET 2022.
- Next, divide your work on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. You can decide the criteria as per your preference. However, we recommend making long-term goals and then drawing short-term checkpoints to help you achieve those long-term goals. For instance, suppose you want to finish five chapters of Biology in a month. Then, you can have weekly goals of covering two chapters in a week. You can have the weekend for mock tests. In this way, you can create a monthly goal and break them down every week.
- Make sure to give yourself a break in between your study sessions.
- Make your timetable flexible for any last-minute changes.
Make your notes.
Some students think that if they practice the papers and see tutorials, they will retain the information. Or if they have the books, then they do not need to make notes. In both these cases, they are wrong.
Writing down your notes is the best way to have all topics in one place. In addition, notes help you retain information for a longer time.
You can follow these tips for effective note-taking:
- Use highlighters, post-its, and other tools to highlight important topics.
- Just do not write down things as they are written in the books. Write in a way that makes it easy for you to remember that topic.
- Comprehensively write notes so that you do not need to write them again and again.
At last, remember, these notes will be like the holy grail for your NEET 2022 preparation. They will be your last-minute revision material. So, prepare them with utmost dedication and focus.
Practice mock tests within a time frame
You cannot ace an exam without practice. No matter how many books you study, classes you take. If you are not practicing what you have learned, then NEET 2022 will be more difficult to crack. So, practice as much as you can.
Here are some tips for revisions:
- Give mock tests, solve previous year’s NEET question papers.
- Always solve these papers within a fixed time frame. It will help you develop a habit of focusing on solving the paper and solving it within a fixed time.
- Besides, test papers, solve questions and numerical for each topic. It will help you understand where you’re lacking. Hence, you can focus more on these topics.
Review your answers and improve your weak spots
After revision, you will get to know your weak spots and mistakes. These can be topics that need more practice. Alternatively, it can be a lack of time management. Whatever the issue is you need to review it and find the root cause behind it.
For example, If you are weak at some topic, then study it more deeply. If you are unable to finish the paper within a time frame, then change your strategy. Focus on enhancing your speed.
Here are some revision tips:
- Do not feel ashamed or stressed with a setback. The more you practice, the more you will improve.
- Understand the kind of questions that are difficult for you. After identifying them, go through them again. You can take help from others such as your teachers, friends, or you can check out help resources from the internet.
- Make sure to appreciate yourself for the topics you have mastered over time.
Develop exam day strategy but keep it flexible
Whatever you do throughout your preparation is helping you get ready for the exam day. However, there are chances that you will feel stressed and scared while sitting in the exam hall. So, to avoid such fears, having a proper exam day strategy is crucial.
Some tips for preparing NEET 2022 strategy:
- Decide which portion you will attempt first and stick to it.
- It is usually a great tip to start with questions that you feel 100% confident about. So, include that in your strategy.
- There is a negative marking, so keep that in mind while attempting questions. We Recommend do not take guesses with questions you are not sure about. It might decrease your overall score.
Make sure to eat and sleep properly.
When you are preparing for NEET 2022, it is natural to neglect your health and sleep. However, you can’t sit for an exam if you are sleep-deprived or not healthy. Can you? So, it is crucial to take care of your health and sleep cycle while preparing.
Here are some tips to ensure a sound body and sleep cycle:
- Have adequate breaks between study sessions.
- Eat healthy and nutritious food rich in vitamins and proteins. Your body needs nutrition to function at its best. So, do not starve yourself while studying.
- If you feel too overwhelmed, go for a walk, play with your dog, or take a power nap.
Some additional to crack NEET 2022
Here are some extra tips which might be helpful to you.
- Choose the suitable reading material for each subject. You can refer to NCERT books science as the whole NEET is based on that. However, to understand the NCERT books concept, you need additional books. So, choose them wisely.
- NEET 2022 is cracked not just with studying all the topics but also with determination and consistency. You cannot move to the next step by skipping the previous one. You can, but it will be difficult, right? So, be consistent and follow your timetable religiously.
- Do not copy others’ timetables, strategies, or reading material. What makes sense to them might not work for you. Decide what works for you and stick to that.